Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Miscellany

So it occurred to me that with my new permed shorter hair, I'm looking a lot like Scary Spice these days. Only my hair is poofier. The only good thing about it is that when I sweat, my hair actually looks better. Fortunately, I'm not pregnant with Eddie Murphy's baby. As far as I know.

And yes I do love People magazine, thank you very much.

I have some comments on your comments... have I mentioned lately that I love me some comments? Now you know.

Jodi, I need you girlfriend! Somehow, your Rocketman training that involved him running (literally) around the mall while you shoe-shopped sticks in my mind. That's the kind of coaching I need... then I could taper like a madwoman.

And yes ladies, Rainbow is mini-me. She is a nutjob (to quote her favorite Junie B. Jones) with a shoe fetish.

I missed swimming on Sunday and am having a hard time fitting it in this week. I only swim once a week which is pathetic so I've got to work it in somehow. Usually, when I miss, I go either Monday or Wednesday morning but this week, I was/will be at my kids' school both mornings. That place is sucking me dry by the way. I'm soon going to be railing against the PTA like Jen at Mommy Needs Coffee.

This year, I am room mother for Rainbow's class. It's kindergarten so the kids are really easy to please but there are a remarkable number of activities. In the last two weeks, I've been at school on separate occasions for the book fair, kindergarten musical, field trip, field day, teacher appreciation week, and several other things I can't even remember. I made Scouter go for the parent/child kickball game and ice cream social. I'm back tomorrow for the teacher luncheon in association with teacher appreciation week because... and I can't even believe I did this... Cate and I are co-chairing the hospitality committee next year and we want to watch the current chairs in action. Am I crazy or what? Okay please don't answer that.

The hospitality committee is actually a perfect fit for Cate and me. We both love planning social functions. We work well together, too. She's very detailed and organized whereas I'm very big-picture and scatter-brained. In other words, she'll carry our team.

I guess while I'm rambling I should mention the workouts I have done this week. You know about my run Sunday morning which was actually me chasing my children on their bikes. Whew! That was a workout. Monday, I did my weights class at the Y. Carrie taught which means I'm very aware of my hamstrings today. So what did I do to them? Ran five miles with the Bean (10:13/mile average - neither of us were moving quickly today) then went to spin class at lunch. I'm going t miss my yoga class tomorrow since I'll be at school, but I'm hoping to get my act together in the morning to do the Cyclo-Zen tape. Or I may go back to bed for an hour after the kids get on the bus.

Okay enough of this foolishness. I've gone downhill. I'll come back when I really have something to write about. Or at least I'll wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm never again going to see you without thinking "Di Spice". G

Anonymous said...

Ok, curly girl. Listen up.

Curls = hair care products.

Simple. Comb hair in shower w wide tooth comb. Wrap in towel. Don't brush, fuss or muss. Scrunch in more product than you think you need. I like Frederick Fekai's curl lotion. Air dry.

No Scary Spice.

Love you!

p.s.. taper advice to follow!!