Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A TriGirl kind of day...

I'm really wondering how those Eagleman and IMFL women do it. Seriously, they train a lot. They are super women.

The total wannabe that I am, I had a tough (for me) training day today. This morning, I ran 5 miles with the Bean (10:05 minutes/mile average) then at lunch, I biked with a former co-worker, Pat.

Pat has been cycling for a long time and his skill/experience definitely showed. He was very generous in sharing tips and advice with me along our route. We started at the Shady Grove Y and did a route that I think is similar to one that JRo and Steph mentioned on the TriGirl forum. Pat pointed out a variety of options along the way. It was a fun ride, albeit a little more hilly than I'm used to.

The best part of the ride was a stretch of Pouncey Tract where Pat suggested that I draft in a wind tunnel to pick up some speed. I felt like a real cyclist must feel, flying down the road without killing myself! What fun!

We rode slightly under 19 miles at a 15.7 mph average pace. Pat's normal pace is in the low to mid 20s so I definitely slowed him down. He was very patient though and used this as his recovery ride. He even offered to go with me again, which I will definitely do.

I just talked with Scouter who offered to take both kids to Taz's baseball practice tonight so I could fit in a workout. Yeah, I could swim today too but I'm just not there... yet...

Now a nap on the other hand!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

fab workouts, you are wonder woman!

TriGirl 40 said...

What are you talking about - you are doing many of the same workouts as the Eagleman, IMFL folks! You'd have no problem, if say, you wanted to do the Patriot Half later this year. Wink, wink.

Diane said...

Maybe similar workouts, but definitely not the same intensity or duration. You guys rock!