Sunday, April 1, 2007

And the winna is...

TriGirl team one and ... the bronze dress! Okay, I know most of you voted for dress #5 and so did my kids... but I felt like a linebacker in it with my big ole legs showing. I felt comfortable and pretty in this one. Except for my ratty ass hairstyle, but we can talk about that later over a hairstyle magazine and some wine.

Comfort Zone is such an amazing cause, and they throw fabulous parties! Last night's fete was at the Science Museum. There was a silent auction, hor d'oerves and cocktails in the main lobby to start, then we moved into a huge downstairs room I didn't even know existed for a presentation, live auction, more food and another kickin bar, followed by Baby Huey and the Babysitters who were so much fun! We knew a lot of people who were planning to be there and we saw a lot of others. What a blast!

Here's Cate's friend Allison, me, and Cate early in the evening:

Here's me and Scouter. He so loves it when I wear four inch heels. Notice that I have the auction book tucked firmly under my arm!

At that point, my camera battery died but I'm used to that since I've gone digital. I whipped another pair out of my teeny little cocktail purse, and found - shit - they were dead too. Oh well! No late night photos. Alas, no photos of me with cute TriGirl Melissa either. I'll just tell you though, she looked absolutely stunning in her gorgeous black dress.
.
Scouter and I are dangerous at auctions! We bought the following in the silent auction, in addition to a VT hat signed by Frank Beamer and a one year family membership to the Science Museum. We bid on several other things that we didn't get, like a house in Wintergreen for a weekend. Scouter was not terribly disappointed that didn't work out!
.
Isn't this adorable? It's called "Sassy" which Scouter finds to be abnormally funny. My stuff is already in it!

Scouter fell in love with these topiaries first, and showed them to me. I promptly bid on them. I'm not at all sure what we're going to do with this big one:


But the two smaller ones are already ensconced on our mantle. They look beautiful! We think/ hope that the greenery will live. The roses are in little tiny water vials, so when they go, we think we can replace them with other flowers when we want to dress the topiaries up. We'll see how that works out. Either way, it's for a great cause.


After that, Scouter removed the auction booklet from my hot little hands and wouldn't let me have it back during the live auction. Cate and I colluded to bid on several things anyway, but we didn't win them. Items were going for a LOT of money - great for Comfort Zone.
.
We didn't stay too too late last night - enough for some dancing with the girls after I dumped my shoes! But my feet hurt, both my heel from my injury and the ball of both feet from standing for hours in high high heels after running a 10k. I would have loved to stay longer and will have to wear better shoes next year!
.
I can't wait for Comfort Zone's next event! You'll really have to join me...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you looked beautiul, darling! what a fun night.