Monday, April 16, 2007

A Prayer

I'm in absolute shock over the horrifying events at Virginia Tech today. The worst shooting in America's history. Scouter and I have been glued to the TV tonight but of course keeping Taz and Rainbow away from it. They would definitely recognize a story about Va. Tech and want to know the details which is not going to happen if I can help it.

Scouter and I both went to Tech, and in fact that's where we met. My brother and sister in law, Scouter's brother and sister all went there too. I lived in West AJ, the dorm where the first incident occurred today, and graduated in the school of engineering so I had classes in Norris. We no longer have friends or relatives there but of course we know people who do.

Blacksburg is the epitome of a college town where I always felt safe, so it is mind boggling to imagine something like this happening there of all places. I wonder if authorities will ever truly know what the killer was thinking. It's very sad to think that Va. Tech will forever be associated with this massacre, like Columbine.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those involved today.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I was thinking about you yesterday, along with all of my other friends who went to Tech. My best friend lived in West AJ too and I can't count the number of nights I spent there. I have such good memories of the campus and am so sad that this has happened.

Rebekah said...

lipjunkjunkie= Rebekah