Thursday, April 5, 2007

Mid-Week in Review

Soooooooooooo.... an old friend pointed out that she and a small group of friends used to call ME "Taz" soon after I graduated from college. I think it had something to do with the fact that Scouter and I were still acting like we were in college, even though we were supposed to be acting like adults. Whoops, guess some of those genes Taz inherited came from me! I have a tendancy to blame Scouter.

I feel like I've been a big slacker so far this week... Sunday morning, no run. Sunday night, I swam 1800 yards with Som. We were doing drafting drills. One of them involved the fastest person in the lane moving to the end every 50 yards during a 450. I totally panicked that I wouldn't be able to keep up and seriously started hyperventilating while I was supposed to be swimming... I had to pull out for a minute to catch my breath. Once I calmed down, I had a reasonably good swim. It was fun to share a lane with Jennifer (who is quite fast).

Monday, I did the weights class I love at the Y. I can't even remember who taught but I remember it was good. No cycling Monday night. Tuesday morning, I ran with the Bean (5 miles, 10:07 minutes/mile average). No cycling Wednesday morning - I went back to bed after putting the kids on the bus. Yoga Wednesday afternoon by the true yoga instructor - fabulous! It felt like a treat instead of a workout. Today, I skipped my run since I think I'm being stupid to keep running when my heel hurts but I did the Cyclo-Core DVD. This is the first time I've done the entire thing, and it was excellent! I got a great workout focused on building core strength for cycling.

I went to bed last night at 8:30 - think I was asleep before Taz and Rainbow. I slept pretty much straight through until 6:30 this morning. It was fabulous!

Tomorrow, hopefully I will get on the bike. Saturday is a scheduled rest day which even after all these skipped workouts and 10 hours of sleep last night, I am so looking forward to.

Happy training, everyone!

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Ahhhh - 10 hours of sleep. Almost as good as a triple shot Starbuck's latte! Enjoy your rest day - and your weekend.