Friday, April 13, 2007

Have you missed me?

OMG I can't believe I haven't blogged for three whole days! That's so unlike me. Have I lost interest? Is the obsession wearing off?

Nah.

It's just been spring break and I've been juggling all my balls even more frenetically than usual. I wish we had just gone away for some or all of it. Maybe next year.

So the highlight of my week is that I finally finally went to the doctor to find out what's going on with my feet. It is plantar fasciitis in both. I saw the fabulous Dr. Teresa Stadler at her new practice, Commonwealth Sports Medicine. She gave me some exercises to do, a prescription for an anti-inflammatory, and recommended custom orthodics. Apparently I have very high arches and the standard inserts that I've been using aren't sufficient.

Dr. Stadler sends hugs to all the TriGirls, by the way.

The good news, and one of the big benefits of going to a doctor who exercises herself, is that she didn't tell me to stop running. I was scared she would.

Just in case, I squeezed in two runs this week. I ran Tuesday with the Bean (5 miles, 10:05 per mile average). Yesterday (Thursday), I was headed out for a run when Taz snagged me and begged to go along. So he rode a little more than two miles on his bike while I jogged beside him, then we ran a third of a mile together. Total 2.5, 10:07 average speed. He did great and could have gone faster on his bike, but I was slowing him down. He is doing some great training for his triathlon coming up in June.

Otherwise, I have missed a few workouts this week. No yoga and no swimming. Bummer. I did my weights class on Monday with the instructor who I don't particularly like (big muscle groups first and all); Tuesday I ran with the Bean as noted above then biked 19 miles with my friend Pat; Wednesday nothing; Thursday, I ran with Taz, biked 12 miles that afternoon at West Creek with Annnn and several other TriGirls, then ran another 2.5 miles (9:33 average per mile). This morning, I couldn't sleep (highly unusual) so I got up and did the Cyclo-Core DVD. It's a great strength workout, even without weights.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we have TriGirl cycling which will include a clinic on changing bike tires, a ride, followed by a stretching clinic. Good stuff! Let's hope for no rain.

Otherwise this week, I had fun hanging out with the kids as Scouter and I split the time during Spring Break. We played tennis one morning, went to the playground, and the highlight - played putt putt with Annn and her kids, then met Kathryn and her kids for lunch at Red Robin. Today we just hung out. What a gorgeous day today!

Now Scouter and I are tag teaming again, and I'm heading to happy hour with Liz, Rebekah, and Sharon. Yeah!!!! We are trying to see each other once a month for lunch or drinks.

I need a drink.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Ouch - I've heard how painful plantar fasciitis can be - hope it heals quickly!

That was some weather we had for today's brick, huh? BRRRRR.