Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thank You

Hoda Kotb, a Virginia Tech graduate, is now a correspondent for Dateline. Her analysis, based in large part upon her own experiences in Blacksburg, has been poignant. Check out some of her work: http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/04/16/153162.aspx.

I'll be a Washington Nationals fan from now on. Check out their support of Va. Tech: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2841205.

I also appreciate that NBC is calling this "Tragedy at Virginia Tech" instead of the more ubiquitous and chilling "Massacre at Virginia Tech."

Love this, too. I guarantee it is the first time anything like this has ever appeared in Charlottesville:

Mostly, thanks again to all of you who have reached out to me and other Hokies to offer comfort and support.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think we all are forever touched by this tragedy. It warms me, though, to see all the colleges taking down the "enemy lines" and really showing support. This has touched the hearts of the world. I don't think we will ever understand why this happened and what good can come out of this, but can only hope that all parties involved can find solace and peace of mind. We have to remind ourselves that everything does happen for a reason and it was these people's times to leave us for whatever reason that may be.

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks for the great updates, TriDi - I know this tragedy hits close to home for you and your family and friends. You're in our thoughts.