Sunday, February 24, 2008

Workout Week in Review

There weren't many days including workout activity last week, but those that did were intense. Here goes:

Sunday: Nothing.

Monday: Nothing. The kids had a school holiday, and I tried to pretend that snow tubing would provide some exercise but had to concede defeat when I realized that we rode back to the top.

Tuesday: Ran 12 miles with the Bean. We weren't fast (11:28 min/mi average) but we got it done. This is the furthest either of us has ever run before so we were quite thrilled. I just have to say, 12 miles is a long damn way to run. It wasn't that long ago that 12 miles felt like a long way to bike!

Wednesday: Zumba day! Yippee!!! In an effort to save some funds, I went to the Y for spin instead of meeting the girls at Maramarc for indoor cycling. Sadly that meant I missed Starbucks too but I hooked up with this week's crew of Jennifer, Caroline, Patty, and Courtney afterwards for Zumba. My friend Masha joined us as well. The teacher was one we didn't know and she was fantastic. I'm finally getting some of the moves and having more and more fun! A highlight of Zumba (for me anyway) was when Caroline took Patty down somehow. Thereafter, the instructor cautioned us to watch out for our friends. Tee hee! Yoga was relaxing but very cold, then we headed to Three Monkeys for lunch. Yum! Great food! And monkey drinks... ahhhh, monkey drinks.... I selected a Ruby Red Monkey which was was a tasty ruby red grapefruit martini that kicked my ass. I had a headache for the rest of the day, napped while my kids played outside and went to bed at 8 p.m.

Thursday: Ran six miles, the first four with Beanie and the last two with my iPod. I managed a negative split but still only averaged 10:29 min/mi.

Friday: Nothing. I really was planning to go to weights class but a two hour school delay due to bad weather prevented it.

Saturday: Surprise! I actually got to bike outside with my posse: Richard, Kermit and TriGirl40. It was great! In the beginning, I kept thinking, "I am... the weakest link!" but I actually did okay. I miss my Saturday cycling buddies. TG40 had a mantra working for her plans after the ride - "shower, nap, wine" - that she offered up to help us all finish strong. We agreed that it was a much nicer threesome than swim, bike, run. I was jealous but then I actually did it! After our ride, I took a nice long hot shower, then slept in the car while we headed back out of town, then had way too much red wine with the Bean. What a lovely day!

And that my friends was the workout week. Hopefully this next one will maintain the intensity on certain days but add a few more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I may still be sore.

TriGirl 40 said...

Dang, you even got in the nap.

Was great riding with you - will miss you next week.