Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Runnin runnin runnin

It's only Tuesday and I've actually run twice this week! Shocking, isn't it?

Sunday's run was pretty funny in hindsight. We were having gale force winds but somehow I still thought it was a good idea to run outside. I must have really needed some exercise. Or perhaps some "me" time. Anyway, the route I ran was very hilly - mountainous even. At one point I was running uphill with a stiff wind in my face. I use the term "running" very loosely... in actuality, I may have been standing still or even going backwards. The wind shifted direction and I was leaning so far into it that I almost fell on my face. I had to laugh!

I didn't really know where I was so I was scared to deviate from my four mile route. Which is the only reason I ran four miles! My average pace was 10:24 minutes/mile which I'll definitely take given the conditions and the fact that I walked a couple times because I couldn't take the wind and the hills any longer.

When I got home, Scouter was just taking the kids on a walk so I joined them. They had been cooped up in the house all day and needed some fresh air and exercise. It was cold but nice to stroll around the neighborhood as a family. Even Duchess joined us.

Today, Beanie and I got inspired - or more accurately, terrified of our upcoming half marathon - and ran 10 miles. We ran the same route I ran last week but today only averaged 11:14 minutes/mile. But it is totally worth it to have a friend along. Since I'm not doing any major races this year, I'm running the half marathon as a social event and we are planning to stay together.

Speaking of major races, I realize that I haven't posted my 2008 goals yet. They are really not worth waiting for but I will get to that blog post eventually.

For now, I'm going to rest my weary bones in front of the fireplace with a nice chilled glass of...

wait for it....

water.

All that running makes me thirsty!

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Great start to your week! You and then Bean will have a great time at the half!

Unknown said...

Whacky Wednesday!