Thursday, February 7, 2008

Just for You, Kermit...

The Zumbaletes united again on Wednesday, this time with new recruits.

The morning started with a packed house at Maramarc for cycling. I personally believe that Ed's goal was to make us shut up every once in a while because for the entire hour, we did sets of hard/level 10 max intensity and speed broken up with oh-too-brief rest intervals. Even Patty couldn't talk during the max intensity times!


After cycling, we headed to Starbucks for a little liquid refreshment. I'm a big fan of the new skinny lattes. We were briefly joined by Zumbalete-wanna-bes Lesley and Courtney.


The four muskateers (Jennifer, Caroline, Patty and me) headed off to Zumba with Jackie in tow. Jennifer made our day sound so enticing that Jackie actually burned a vacation day to join us! (And bonus - she brought her camera along. Thanks, Jackie!) And Debbie met us at the Y. Zumba was all that we promised, uncoordinated moves and all. Yoga afterwards was a nice restful stretch.

Then we flew to Mexico for lots of chips and salsa and cocktails. Since I had book club that night and no time for a nap, I wisely opted to skip a margarita and have (gasp!) a beer instead. Which is all Annnn's fault because thanks to her I've discovered a taste for dark beer.


Same time next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it'll be on again... unless you get a damn job -- OK, even if you do get one! Can't wait! You know, Wednesday is the new Friday. JenniferS

Annn said...

mmmmmm, dark beer.

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Thank you!!! After the week I've had, this was a nice surprise. Almost makes me want to Zumba......nah. Can I get a sugar-free skinny latte?

Anonymous said...

i love you girls!
too bad this whole work thing gets in the way of my proper training. hmmm...lottery ticket???

TriGirl 40 said...

What fun! I will definitely see if you all are zumbaing the next time I have a Wednesday off!