Sunday, January 13, 2008

Workout Week in Review

Another week on the bench offered lots of opportunities to work out. I didn't take as much advantage as I should have, but here's what I did:

Sunday: Ran 5 miles, 9:30 min/mile average. I made up a new route around my neighborhood that included more hills and I thought it would never end. It was a gorgous day though.

Monday: Zumba (ha!) followed by weights class. The same instructor taught both classes and she was fabulous.

Tuesday: My goal Tuesday was to do my long run of nine miles according to my half marathon training. I ran two, feeling pretty blah, then altered my route to run two back to my house for a bathroom stop. My plan was to go back out for another five miles but it never happened. For four miles, I ended up with a too slow 10:46 min/mi average. Bummer.

Wednesday: Weights class. I had hoped to go to yoga immediately following but couldn't because I had a job interview. Which is a very good thing.

Thursday: The Bean was back for her first run following her recent illness! Yeah!!! We cruised for four miles at 10:56 min/mi average pace and had fun catching up.

Friday: I was sore and tired from a long week so I opted to skip my usual Friday weights class and did yoga instead, which was perfect.

Saturday: My bike posse got together to ride 23 miles on Osbourne Tournpike at 16.9 mph pace. That's fast for me lately. As usual, it was a highlight of my workout week to see TriGirl40, Richard, and Kermit.

Today I'm taking an unscheduled but much needed rest day. I'll have to make up my run tomorrow... or something...

Cheers!

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Yay for Saturdays - looking forward to our Ashland ride next week.

And we best starting making sherpa beverage plans for the Wintergreen trials.