Monday, January 7, 2008

Seven Weird Things

TriGirl40 tagged me to tell seven weird things about me... hmm, I have to echo her blog post and say, "Only seven?!?!?"

What the hell; here goes.
  1. I never know whether weird is spelled "weird" or "wierd" until I type "wierd" and realize how, well, weird it looks.
  2. Even though I can't spell, I have a much better written vocabulary than spoken vocabulary (not that you could prove it here!) mainly because I have mispronounced words and embarrassed myself way too many times.
  3. When I was in college, I used to dump clean laundry in a big messy pile on my bed, then sleep under it until I wore it all. Then it became a big pile on my floor and the pattern repeated. I'd still do it today if Scouter would let me get away with it.
  4. I never think anyone remembers me, and even if I've met someone multiple times, I will usually either say nothing or re-introduce myself.
  5. I could eat chips and dip for dinner every night. And I used to do it frequently until my eating habits became an example for little people.
  6. When I was 18 or 19, an older co-worker told me that I had child bearing hips. I still hate him for it. Bastard.
  7. Apparently an oddity among TriGirl bloggers, I don't require my M&Ms to be paired or color coordinated when I snarf them down. I do prefer them to have almonds in the middle but I'm not particularly selective on that point.
And the seven lucky people I'm tagging to admit their weirdness are:

Richard
Kermit
Jon
Siren
Annnnn
Jennifer S (yes, I know you don't have a blog but you can comment right here!)
Jodi (ditto)

I'm feeling a little wacky right about now... come join me...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe Friday.
BTW - When I could eat M&Ms, I ate them by color.

Anonymous said...

1. I can talk backwards. I can "see" the words in my head backwards and prounounce or write them backwards fairly quickly. However, don't ask me to say the word Antidisestablishmentarianism backwards. It's 28 letters and counts as a small paragraph. I don't "see" that one at all.

2. In a previous life, I must have died by a severe paper cut or some similar paper trauma. I can't stand the feel of most paper stock and if I have to crease it or touch it for long, my fingertips start sweating. Coffee cups or their cardboard wrappers are particularly scary. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

3. I don't like anything on my countertops unless it is decorative except my coffeepot. No toasters, toaster ovens, spoon rests, etc. I don't think this is weird but apparently my co-worker does. In a related kitchen issue, food labels in my cabinets must face the front. No, they don't need to be in alphabetical order, just logical.

4. I'll add to the TriGirl M&Ms issue. I love the peanut variety and they end up at every party I have whether it's fancy or not. I eat the ugly brown and yellow ones first, then orange and save the pretty blue, green and red (very last) until the end. You know they taste better.

5. I'm opposite from you in that I think everyone must remember me because I remember them. My sister Jackie is the same way. We have good memories and used to go to Innsbrook concerts and speak to someone from high school that we hadn't seen in 20 years. We acted as if we had seem them just yesterday because that's how it felt to us. Most people reacted as if we were stalkers. We now pretend we don't remember people.

6. When I eat finger foods, I go through a massive amount of napkins (only if they are the right kind of paper napkin!). Eating a Stuffy's sub, I can go through about 10 napkins. I don't like the feel of foreign stuff on my fingers and wipe them after each bite apparently. Back to the paper issue?

7. I do a lot of counting while I'm driving or waiting. Headlights on tractor-trailers, tiles in the ceiling. I also like to put them in groupings if possible.

Can you say obsessive-compulsive? JenniferS

Anonymous said...

OK, Jennifer S is much more speedy than this Canadian girl.

How about I ponder 7 weird things on the weekend when I'm running...39 MILES!!!

I'll do a de-briefing when I'm back...there are bound to be weird things in there.

xojodi