Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Official: I've Got No Rhythm

I've heard about it - sounds fun. I've seen it - looks fun. My friend Cate has been telling me that it actually is fun for months. And so today I tried it...

Zumba.

Have you heard of it? Or better yet, tried it? It is essentially an aerobics class with Latin music and Latin dance inspired moves. Today, our super-fit instructor cha-cha'd, spun and shimmied all over the room. I stood in the back feeling - and looking - like a complete idiot. A fact which was comfirmed as two of my friends who were waiting for the next class looked through the windows and laughed hysterically at me.

I've seriously got no rhythm. Alcohol only makes me believe that I do.

6 comments:

Annn said...

ha ha ha ha! When is your next class???

TriGirl 40 said...

Nah, alcohol just awakens the rhythm in all of us. Sort of, almost.

Anonymous said...

i have wanted to try that class! it soudns so fun!

Unknown said...

I am also intrigued by that class. We should all go and be non-rhythmic together. I'm not sure what I just wrote there..

sq

Anonymous said...

It's offered at my gym too but I've been too chicken to try it! Good for you! Maybe I will now. JenniferS

triguyjt said...

hi... my wife certified to teach Power Group at our gym and they want her to try the Zumba certification... yow-zahh

I have no musical vibes but I'll try it. I've been my wife's male guinea pig in her Pilates classes..so what the heck