Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tons 'O Fun

Jennifer S. and I have been planning to spend our Wednesdays and Fridays together since I stopped working in mid-December, but for one reason or another it hadn't worked out. Until last Wednesday that is. And once we finally did it, we regretted all the time we've lost!

The plan was for us to meet at Maramarc for 7 a.m. cycling. And that would have been a great plan had I been more prepared. As it was, I fought with getting my bike rack on my car for a half hour. It was far more difficult than I anticipated in the dark with a thin sheet of ice covering my entire car. I was about 15 minutes late to cycling, but Ed kindly let me join his shenanigans anyway. There was a stellar group of TriGirls represented: Megan, Patty, Caroline, Lynn, Jennifer, and Molly. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone and apologize if I am! We did lactate threshold training which I have to say sucked. I was kind of happy that I missed the first 15 minutes and therefore the first set of intervals. It was a great workout though and such fun to catch up with Megan... during the times when I could breathe and speak normally that is...

Caroline, Patty, Jennifer and I headed to Starbucks after cycling and indulged in their new skinny lattes. Very tasty! As usual we were the rowdiest (and funnest) group at Starbucks. From there, we went to the Y for Zumba. I tried it last week and piqued Jennifer's interest with my tales of Latin dance moves. The class was so much more fun with friends! Those of you who know Patty especially can imagine how entertaining the class was with the four of us. Beanie peered in from the studio next door where she was doing body shape, but I couldn't convince her to join us. She got a good laugh at my expense though. I still didn't have any rhythm but got a great workout this time.

Since we're used to doing things in threes apparently, we went to yoga after Zumba. The switch between the two was quite abrupt. Once we adjusted, we were fine. This particular yoga class was low intensity and focused mainly on relaxation. I really needed to stretch and it was fabulous.

Caroline suggested the weight room afterwards or perhaps a quick run but we opted for Carytown and Nacho Mama's instead where Patty was wild, Jennifer was loco, and Caroline and I were bangin'. After margaritas, lots of chips and salsa, and a great meal, we went to Clementine's in hopes of seeing Lesley but alas she must have been warned that we were heading her way and made a quick escape. What a great shop though! I have to go back when I'm in a condition to try on clothes because she had tons of cute things at great prices.

We had so much fun that we're planning a complete repeat this Wednesday.

Come join us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun day!!!
Once my training for Brazil slows down in June, I'm joining you for Zumba - and yes, you are allowed (encouraged, in fact) to laugh at me.

sq

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Are we really on for tomorrow? I can make it! JenniferS