Saturday, January 5, 2008

Workout Week in Review

Given that this past week contained New Year's Eve, Tech's (dismal) bowl game, and a party at a friend's house, I'll do what I can to remember my workouts...

Sunday: It rained. I lounged about in running clothes all day but never actually did any running. Oh well.

Monday: Weight class at the Y. I have no definitive recollection of going, but I'm pretty sure I did. Afterwards, the kids and I ran around picking up dinner materials for New Year's Eve festivities at our house. When we got home, I had a message from poor little Beanie saying she was sick... and on her 40th birthday. Poor baby. We somehow managed to have a good time, but it was definitely not nearly as much fun without her.

Tuesday: Tried to sleep in but the dog kept barking and waking me up. Scouter seemed to find that amusing. Finally went out for the long run I was supposed to do on Sunday - eight miles, 9:43 minutes/mile average. If I was going to feel like crap, I may as well run.

Wednesday: The kids went back to school, thank goodness. I went to weight class at the Y followed by yoga. What a good day! This not working thing really frees up my schedule.

Thursday: It was a frigid 17 degrees when I put the kids on the bus. I usually run from the bus stop but since I have leisure time now, I goofed off until it warmed to a comparatively balmy 29 degrees then ran five miles, 9:33 minutes/mile average speed.

Friday: Weights class at the Y. There was some sort of cardio class immediately following but I didn't even consider taking it. Whoops.

Saturday: Biked 30 miles with TriGirl40 and Annnn. They both dropped me like a bad habit. The only advantage I had was that I knew the route, but that is an advantage with diminishing returns since TriGirl40 is going to learn it soon. I'll have to start mixing things up... Bah ha ha!

Whew! I'm tired. And sore.

And thirsty...

3 comments:

Jon said...

What do you mean "If I was going to feel like crap, I may as well run." Does running make you feel like crap? I thought you liked it...

TriGirl 40 said...

It was great riding with you and Annnn yesterday! There was no dropping, stop it! But looking forward to many more rides this winter.

Though I had to ponder just what type of thirsty you were implying at the end of your post.

Unknown said...

What the heck went on on that ride? Is this how it is if there are no boys???