Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Workouts

Last week, I tried Zumba as a new and fun way to mix up my workout routine. I ended up embarrassing myself and anyone who happened to see me! But it was fun and I would definitely try it again. Preferably after a large number of cocktails...

This week, my "new" thing was a return to Pilates. I did Pilates for a few months two summers ago when it happened to fit into my schedule, and I've missed it since I haven't been able to do it. Ironically, the first few times I tried Pilates, I thought it was really easy. I was advised to stick with it at least three times and soon discovered that when I did the moves in some semblance of correct form, it was actually difficult.

I'm not sure whether the class has gotten harder or my core strength has gone to nil, but today's class was incredibly difficult. There were some crazy moves that I could not do at all, although I'm thinking laughter is a good core strengthener so I have that going for me! (And anyone around me who saw me in action...)

The other class I want to try is hot yoga. I'll have to chat with my friend Liz about that.

Perhaps I can complete a triumvirate of humility! (Or should that be humiliation?!?!?!)

No comments: