Friday, November 30, 2007

Workout Week in Review

I'm only posting this to embarrass myself into doing a better job next week. After taking 11 days completely off, this is all I managed to pull together this week:

Saturday: Nothing. Talked about running all day long as I lounged and napped in my pj's.

Sunday: Nothing. Didn't even talk about it.

Monday: Weights class. We did some one-legged-squat exercise in a lunge position with our back feet up on a step and the toes of our front feet turned in. My butt was sore for four days. Tuesday, I winced every time I had to sit down.

Tuesday: Ran five miles with the Bean at a dismal 11:03 min/mi pace. Hey, we had a lot to talk about since we hadn't seen each other for an entire week.

Wednesday: Yoga. Personal space girl didn't crowd me for a rare treat but she did set her mat up right between me and the mirror, once again forcing me to move. Do you think I can get a restraining order requiring her to stay at least 10 feet away from me in class?

Thursday: Ran five miles with Beanie and Alison at a 10:03 min/mi pace. Planned our training run schedule for the Shamrock Half.

Friday: I have my gym bag packed but will probably not get there today. Today is my pseudo last day at my consulting job and my boss is taking me to lunch. (I say pseudo because in actuality I will be here a little bit next week to finish a project.)

Well I am embarrassed which hopefully will lead to just a smidgen of motivation!

4 comments:

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Thanks so much for your supportive comments - clearly I've been a bit of a wreck. I haven't read that particular book yet but I was planning to because I read the pregnancy one and enjoyed it. I can't seem to find your email address (I thought I had it?!). If you're sure you wouldn't mind lending me your copy I'd be glad to read it.

Unknown said...

I only managed exercising twice. I have gym gear in the car, but I ain't going.

Melissa said...

if it makes you feel any better i took my pool bag out of the car on monday. please note that i put it IN the car about a month ago. i took it out...without swimming. i figured my bathing suit might need to be washed for jsut sitting in a bag for so long! *sigh* it's all over tomorrow, though. back to the grind. hope to see you some duing MMF's yummy indoor cycling classes!

REB60 said...

OK, let's compare:

RUN
Diane - 10 miles
Richard - 0

WEIGHTS
Diane - 1 class
Richard - 0

YOGA
Diane - 1 Class
Richard - 0

CYCLING
Diane - 0 miles
Richard - 0

At least I kept up on the bike! You should be embarrassed.