Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Don't tell Scouter...

... that I'm completely in love with Sting. Again.

I saw the Police in concert the summer between my sophomore and junior year in high school. It shocks me now that my parents permitted me to spend the day at Virginia Beach with my boyfriend, then go to the concert at Norfolk Scope. They were on the Synchronicity tour. A then-little known band called REM opened for them. It was amazing. Given the band member's animosity towards each other, I never thought I'd have the chance to see them in concert again.

But, it happened! And we went to the Police concert last night with a big group of friends. (I'll upload pictures tonight). Andy Summers looked like an old curmudgeon (and sounded like one in the pre-concert interview in the RTD's Weekender section last Thursday) but played flawlessly. Stewart Copeland was particularly amazing during "Wrapped Around Your Finger" when he not only played the drums but some cool chime kinda things as well. Total aside, but I didn't know he was from Virginia - he ran to the mike at the end of the concert and said so as a seeming afterthought. It was the most enthusiasm either of them exhibited all night.

But Sting... ahh Sting... he made the show. His amazing voice, weather beaten good looks, yoga sculpted body, and cute little dance bob were mesmerizing.

I'm pretty sure when he sang "Every Little Thing You Do Is Magic," he was looking right at me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My co-worker went as well and said it was great; $40 t-shirt and all.

Anonymous said...

Ahem. I believe Sting was singing that song to me. He may have glanced in your direction, but definitely sang it to me! JenniferS