Thursday, November 15, 2007

Workout Week In Review

I know, I know... it's only Thursday. But I have decided that I deserve a little break. I am officially off through Thanksgiving.

Mkay, I may not deserve a little break, but I definitely need it. I am burned out!

Anyway... back to the subject at hand...

Monday: Weights class. Not good. See previous rant. BTW, I have complained about this instructor to the Y but the response was that all of their instructors are appropriately trained. I suggested that someone monitor her class to validate proper application of said training, to no avail.

Tuesday: Ran five miles with the Bean, 10:41 min/mi average. We were slow, but we had fun! It was sprinkling, so we didn't want to slip on wet leaves and hurt ourselves or anything. That's my story.

Wednesday: Yoga. Unaware-of-personal-space-violations-girl was on the other side of the studio. Thank God. I had a good practice and my abdominals are sore today.

Thursday: Ran 4.5 miles. It was raining. Apparently all that needs to be done to end the drought is for me to run more. (But I'm taking the next week off anyway... sorry, Virginia.)

I registered for the Shamrock half marathon yesterday after talking myself into it through my own blog post on the subject, and I figured out my paces for the FIRST training. So today, I ran a one mile warm up followed by a three mile tempo run and a half mile cool down. My tempo pace is 9 min/mile based on my most recent 5k time. I ran the first mile in 8:55, the second in 9:06, and the third in 8:36. I need to work on getting a feel for the right pace, especially when I start feeling a bit tired. Then I got home, looked at my training plan and realized that my tempo pace is actually 9:15 min/mile. That's a relief - gives me hope that I can sustain pace on longer tempo runs. Or perhaps I'm just sandbagging?

The FIRST plan is a ten week plan, so I don't officially start it until the beginning of February. But it was fun to have a goal for an individual run and I will keep playing around with speed work and tempo runs for the next two months anyway.

Now for a little break...

No comments: