Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You're not going to believe this...

... but I RAN on Sunday. Me. Running. On a weekend. Now that hasn't happened in awhile...

But you know I really don't think running twice a week is adequate preparation for a half marathon. I may actually fit three whole runs in this week, a scarce two weeks before the event. Sure, that's plenty of training. I'll be fine.

So. I procrastinated as long as I possibly could. I even convinced myself that attending a TriGirl seminar on race preparation was a good excuse to skip my run. And I even called Annnn and talked her into meeting me at said seminar. Then it was pointed out to me that I hadn't been home much all weekend and I realized that a race preparation seminar is not particularly valuable to someone who isn't even racing so I called Annnn back and bailed. You can imagine how pleased she will be with me and how little grief I will receive for that maneuver. And then I got my shit together (literally not metaphysically) and ran.

My Garmin will attest to the fact that I was completely unmotivated. The first half of my scheduled five mile run was at a none-so-speedy pace and included a 10 minute "rest stop" while I chatted with Cate. After berating myself for being a lame ass, I picked it up for the second half and had a huge negative split. I ran the last half mile under 8:00 pace which is smokin' for me. I must have subliminally had TG40's "shower nap wine" mantra in mind. Which in actuality was "feed the kids get them showered and collapse."

At least I looked really cute in my pink and blue running skirt. The one I've bitched about before because it doesn't have shorts underneath, just a bathing suit bottom looking thing. Very attractive. And I discovered, completely impractical. The fat on my legs rubbed together so badly that I literally look like I have rug burn. Chub rub, if you will. On my inner thighs. High on my inner thighs.

And Scouter thought I sucked for stealing his slippers. Wait 'till I have to explain this little debacle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You girls. Chub rub? Do you see me posting stuff like that? That's gonna be with me for awhile.

TriGirl 40 said...

Too funny - I just posted about a similar chub rub experience!

But, good gosh, under an 8 minute mile! You are FAST!