Sunday, March 9, 2008

Workout Week in Review

I'm supposed to be doing homework right now. I've been sitting in front of my computer for hours, talking on the phone, checking email, hopping up for any excuse, now blogging... some things never change.

Anyway... last week!

Sunday: Surprisingly, I ran five miles, 9:47 min/mi average pace. It was an accomplishment just to be out there.

Monday: Weights class. Chris taught which was a nice surprise. She kicked my ass. Literally, my ass was sore for days afterwards. I told her that Jennifer and I want to track her schedule and attend all her classes, after which an embarrassed Beanie said I'm a stalker.

Tuesday: Beanie and I ran 10 miles at a 10:54 min/mi average pace. We actually had a slight negative split which was exciting. Ten miles actually felt doable after the heinousness that was 14 miles last week.

Wednesday: Yet again I followed my sloth and skipped cycling in favor of meeting the girls for coffee. Jennifer, Patty and I went to Zumba and yoga, then hooked back up with a larger group for lunch. I couldn't indulge in cocktails because (drum roll please) I had an interview that afternoon. Thanks, Margo!

Thursday: Another run with Beanie, this time five miles at a relatively smokin' 10:35 min/mi pace. As usual, the run accompanied our good chat.

Friday: Weights class. Another excellent instructor and class, after which my chest and my butt hurt. Gotta love it.

Saturday: Rest. It was intentional although I didn't have time to work out anyway.

Did you notice the distinct lack of cycling? I really need to sign up for a tri to make time for my bike. As much as I love it, it is too easy to skip right now.

Oh and maybe that would make me contemplate swimming a little, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have Chris' schedule at every Y in Richmond for the next month. We'll plan both our jobs (I know you'll get one way too soon) around Chris' classes. Is there a way to make money around that? JenniferS