Friday, March 7, 2008

Some Cool Healthy Foods

While catching up on blog reading (somewhat), I found two recommendations for healthy food that I tried and loved. Here they are!

IronWil posted about Xylitol which is a natural sugar substitute. It has 40% fewer calories than sugar and actually has benefits. I was a little skeptical so I gave it my hardest challenge - lemon chess pie which is almost all sugar. I made the pie to take to a dinner party tonight and snuck a little sliver to make sure it tasted good. And it was awesome! I'll definitely buy it again and use it to replace sugar in all my recipes.

Then Nytro posted - I should say raved - about protein shakes. While I was at Good Foods picking up Xylitol, I got a single serving of a vanilla flavored mix.

Now I need to digress just a tad into my more common unhealthy habits. I swear it's connected!

Last night Scouter and I had some red wine. When I say "some," what I actually mean is "a lot." Okay, really I mean "too much." My head was fuzzy and achy this morning as I dragged out of bed at daybreak to get the kids ready for school. I contemplated going back to bed but I didn't really have time so I made breakfast instead - the protein powder with orange juice, fresh raspberries, blueberries and ice in the blender. It tasted a tiny bit powdery but still really good and the best part? It TOTALLY helped my hangover. I was a new woman!

I'm buying a case and writing the company to tell them they are missing their best marketing opportunity.

If you have other tips, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have orderd from this place twice and am very pleased to share. They have great kosher organic and natural food products including xylitol.
Here is a link http://www.wholeandnatural.com
Enjoy!!!
p.s. I used a code try if it works for you bldc08