Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Who?

Yesterday, a woman claiming to be my mother took my daughter birthday shopping. This is a new tradition that she's decided to establish.

They went to Nordstrom for lunch, then this woman - we'll call her "Grandma" for purposes of today's story - bought my child a ridiculously expensive bathrobe which I had refused to buy for her last week because (a) she'll wear it three times, max, and (b) it was ridiculously expensive. Then "Grandma" asked what else she wanted. When Rainbow said Webkinz, they went to another store where "Grandma" bought her seven - SEVEN - stuffed animals plus three for Taz. And ice cream for both of them.

Okay, "Grandma" if that's what you're calling yourself - WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY MOTHER?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

I want a grandma like that!

Jon said...

My mother does the same thing for both of our kids on their birthday's. Of course it's a little harder now being in a different state, but it's still kind of neat.
Last time though, she bought a pair of jeans (Hannah Montanna!) for our daughter. They were way too tight in my eyes and I took them back. I was not appreciated from either party...

Jonah Holland said...

OMG, I have to say that is kinda sick! Even if it was her birthday.

Jenn said...

Can she be my grandmother too? :-)