Monday, April 21, 2008

Year of the Bean

Beanie turned 40 on New Years Eve and declared it "The Year of the Bean" - kinda like the Chinese year of the monkey.

The celebration continued this weekend as Beanie, Cate and I took off for a wild weekend in North Carolina. We're crazy like that.

We arrived around 7:00 on Friday night and proceeded to lounge around, drink a ton of wine and tell funny stories from our younger days. I would share them, but I don't remember any. Except my own, and I'm not drunk so I'm not tellin'. And if Cate or Beanie chirp, I'll deny every word. They are lying beotches you know.

Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day and we spent the first part of it whining about our headaches. Then we got our acts together and went to a cool local restaurant for burgers, fries, and pomegranate martinis. Okay, that was just me but it was tasty! Cate and Beanie are good friends and didn't let me drink alone. Here we are at the restaurant:


I felt much better and zoned into a happy place lying on the dock all afternoon. Check out my dock-head:


Since we had blown it out Friday night, we were pretty lame Saturday afternoon and evening. Highlights were watching Juno and eating a delicious shrimp and grits dinner. It has momentarily edged out Kate O's orzo and shrimp as my favorite meal. Here's Beanie in peak party mode on Saturday night:


That's what she gets for not reading my blog! Tee hee...

Sunday morning was pouring rain so we made the best of it by going out for coffee. The sun came out briefly and we got outside, but then right as we were getting ready to leave, the sky burst open again. It was really cool watching the storm come across the water. We had hail for awhile which was also cool looking.

Sadly, the weekend came to an end. It was seriously the most relaxing time I've had in years. I'm already begging them to do it again.

I'm in for next weekend. Anyone else?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the Bean read your blog so I could get more scoop. She doesn't know what she's missing! I may have to clue her in. JenniferS

Unknown said...

When will we have more Zumba pics? That's all I'm here for. :-)