Saturday, April 12, 2008

Workout Week in Review

This past week was slightly better than last week, but not by much. Here goes!

Sunday: Nothing. I laid on my ass and read a book all day.

Monday: Ran four miles. I have my Garmin back, but somehow I managed only to turn it on for the first and last miles, which averaged only 10:39/mi. Apparently I can't eat Girl Scout cookies exclusively and still run fast.

Tuesday: I actually went to the weight room for the first time in months. I generally go to a weights class, which is lower weights and higher reps, but I haven't even done that for about three weeks. I didn't have much time so I did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine then punished myself with heavy leg press, calf raises, chest flys, and reverse flys. I threw in just a few shoulder, bicep, and tricep moves at the end. Damn I was sore the next day! And the day after that. My quads in particular were burning. It was good for me.

Wednesday: Ran four miles with the Bean. My mouth ran 90 miles an hour but my legs only managed 11:20/mi average.

Thursday: I had good intentions of going to the gym. I had my stuff ready and everything... yet somehow I talked myself out of it.

Friday: I was still in no mood to work out and for fear that I would convince myself to skip it again, I asked a friend for a ride to a function at my kids' school, took my running gear, and ran home from there. I stuffed my iPod, Garmin and sunglasses in a teacher box while I went to the function. I chatted and procrastinated for so long that no one was left for me to bum a ride from so nothing left to do but run! I ran four miles, 9:07 min/mi pace which frankly was a relief. I was getting worried that I couldn't move my fat ass below a 10:30 pace anymore. I tried to talk myself into an extra loop to total six miles but out of fear for blowing my pace, I skipped it. It is hard to run by my house and not stop.

Saturday: I had school Friday afternoon and all day Saturday and this time, it completely beat my ass. I am whipped. Probably, exercise would make me feel better but I am sipping a glass of wine instead.

When will I be sufficiently embarrassed to have a decent work out week? Like the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

No comments: