Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm very spoiled...

Not one but two weekends, I've gotten to go on girls' trips. In a row! I haven't been away on a girls' weekend for probably three years, and that one was actually a business trip for me where two friends came along. Not that I wasn't spoiled already, but all this relaxing is addictive!

Friday, Annnnn, Jennifer, Duchess and I headed up to the mountains. Our plan was to do some biking and running and maybe even some swimming thrown in. What we actually did was some drinking and lounging with a little hiking thrown in. It was great!

Here are the four of us. You can tell who Duchess fell in love with over the weekend! Annnn bailed on us after making yummy banana pancakes and mimosas Saturday morning. That's why she looks so much better in the picture - she was leaving and we were going on a hike.


Here's a scenic view:


And here's some wildlife we saw. I think it's a beaver but Scouter disagrees. He's offered no viable alternative so I'm going with beaver. That'll get me some more hits on my blog if nothing else.


We also saw deer and two owls that perched very close to the window of our house. We're pretty sure they were eyeing up Duchess as dinner material. Given her frantic and incessant barking, I was tempted to offer her up.

We on the other hand opted for a more tasty dinner. We clean up pretty well, don't we? The highlight of dinner for me was when the waiter asked if Jennifer and I were sisters. On a completely unrelated note, that's when Jennifer burst into inconsolable sobbing.


I'm up for another girls' weekend this weekend but I don't think Scouter is going for it again. Ever.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is what I call a fun (and troublemaking) trio!

sq

Melissa said...

it's a groundhog! at least that's my vote.

Unknown said...

I'm with groundhog, but I'm sure your hit count is way up.

Anonymous said...

We don't really know if we clean up well, huh? Had a great time and love it up there! Maybe next time (hint, hint) my pleurisy/hangover will be better and we can actually bike! Groundhog, yep. JenniferS

Jon said...

You are spoiled! I hope you are extra nice to scouter the next few days.

margo said...

groundhog. fo' sho. i am so jealous that i couldn't come. i will DEFINITELY be at the next one!