Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mmmmm

Scouter and I did something way out of character tonight and went out to dinner... in a real live adult restaurant... in the fan no less. It was awesome!

A little back story - when I first joined TriGirls a year and a half ago, I saw a last name on the roster that I recognized, emailed the TG and asked if she was related to one of Scouter's fraternity brothers. Turns out, she was his wife. We reconnected with him and got to know her and they are very fun.

Alas, we don't see them very often. We've been trying to find a time to get together since oh about January and finally settled upon tonight. They suggested a new restaurant, Verbena, in the fan which is fabulous! It is pretty new and it was in the food review section a few weeks ago with four stars. We couldn't wait to try it!

So we strayed out of our little west end enclave tonight to enjoy salmon wrapped in phyllo dough with oyster mushrooms and goat cheese (me), crab cakes (Scouter), and creme brulee (split). Man it was good! And it was so great to catch up with our friends.

Now since I don't want the night to end, I'm sipping some Cabernet and blogging while Scouter hangs in front of the TV.

Oh the wild life we lead.

No comments: