Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rainbow's First Date

Scouter took Rainbow to the Girl Scout father-daughter dance last night. She has been looking forward to it for weeks!

The night before, she asked me to help her pick her outfit. She positioned me on my bed with a notebook and proceeded to model five different dresses. She rated each on appearance, comfort, swirl, and length when she danced with her arms over her head. On a scale of 1-100, three dresses somehow scored over 1000 with her rating system. She finally settled on one dress if it was cool and another if it was warm.

Let me just remind you that she's six.

On the evening of the dance, she was dressed, ready and waiting well in advance. She looked beautiful! She and Scouter went out to dinner beforehand with three other dads and daughters.

When they arrived at the dance, there was a huge arch of pink balloons for pictures. Scouter even got a few action shots of her boogying down on the dance floor. In one, she's channeling John Travolta in his Saturday Night Fever phase, one arm pointing in the air. In another, she's flashing a peace sign.

Poor baby has learned some of her moves from me!

She told me that she and Daddy slow danced together and described it as "kinda awkward." She liked it when he picked her up and spun her around.

While the girls and dads were shaking their stuff, four moms and three extremely wild boys were hanging out at my house. The boys were so insane that at one point, I had to throw Taz in the shower to clean his act up after making mud balls in the yard.

A good time was had by all!

3 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Your house sounds like so much fun!

TriGirl 40 said...

What a beautiful experience and memory for all of you!

Now if I could have just been there for the wine...

:)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet and I totally want to see pictures. But what I really want to know is why you were blogging at 10:11am and not getting downpoured on in the 10k?!? Missed you and excited for Friday!

xo,
Rebekah