Friday, December 29, 2006

New TriGirls?

I have several friends who are considering joining TriGirl training with me. I think my running partner Masha is definitely in. She and Corinne will start swimming with TriGirls on Sunday nights starting in January. Swimming is Masha's biggest concern, but I have assured her that Som will make her a fish in time for the May sprint tri.

A childhood friend, Jennifer, is thinking about joining also. We used to do summer league swim team together as children. She and I talked about doing a triathlon together years ago. Perhaps 2007 will be the year we do it! Jennifer is talking to her sister Jackie about training with her/us. Jackie was our swim coach for awhile and taught me to hold my elbows up while swimming freestyle. Their concern is how to fit training in with everything else, especially family and work, which I totally understand.

My friend and neighbor Patti is interested but this may not be the year for her. She runs and does lots of other exercises now, plans to start outdoor cycling this year, and a triathlon may be in her future.

All four of these women are already fit and gorgeous. Perhaps, like me, they want to challenge themselves with something new. The encouragement and comradery of TriGirls has been very motivating for me and perhaps will be for them, too. Why not?