Friday, July 13, 2007

Yawn...

I owe you guys an entertaining post, I know.

Sadly, this is not it.

I do have a reasonably funny story I forgot to post the other day... when I was biking with Jonah, she started teasing me that I look like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz when I clip out of my pedals. Apparently, my synchronized unclip is reminiscent of ruby slippers. I do it because I have wiped out so many times by only clipping out on one side, then almost immediately falling to the other. So anyway now every time I clip out, I will think "there's no place like home..."

In other exciting news, I got approval to sign up for yet another race. Yes, there was wine involved. Big Nut, here I come! TriGirl J generously offered her house to racers and there was no way I could resist that. Her husband and daughter are welcome to spend the night at my house in return!

zzzzz....

Oops sorry, I dropped off there for a minute... I am tired from returning to a "normal" workout week. Although I have to say I've been fairly lame. Monday - weights, Tuesday - run, Wednesday - bike, Thursday - run. I skipped swimming Wed because I ran out of time and biking last night because Richard bailed (legitimately - he was sick). Today is thankfully a scheduled rest day. My legs are very sore given the short distance I ran yesterday. Guess that speed work really did more than I thought. Tomorrow, I have a lot of making up to do if I'm going to hit my new goals! Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen either. At least the cycling will, and hopefully the running. Swimming is a lost cause for yet another week.

Oh I do have one funny thing... apparently, Taz has figured out what his squishy things are. Today, he told me he hurt his nuts.

It's really hard sometimes as a parent not to laugh when your kids say completely inappropriate things...

No comments: