Monday, July 9, 2007

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Oh, yeah, this blog is supposed to be about training, isn't it?!?

I am going to be soooo sore tomorrow. I did a bodyshape weight training class at the Y today for the first time in about a month. Carrie, one of my favorite very hard instructors, taught. And of course I tried to do the same weight that I was doing a month ago. Ouch!!! Push ups really hurt. Normally, I like dead lifts because they don't feel like much when I do them, but I can tell they worked afterwards. Today they hurt which means I will be walking funny(er) tomorrow. The only thing that really bothered my broken finger was bicep curls so I did them with light weights. It was so great to be back in the gym.

While I was there, I made the mistake of weighing myself. Not surprisingly, all those extra calories I ingested last week really added up. I gained about five pounds. Considering that I've lost muscle weight by not being able to train much lately, I'm pretty much a hog right now. And stupid enough to post pictures of myself in a bathing suit. Sometimes I forget other people actually read my nonsense.

I also had an appointment with the massage therapist at Commonwealth Sports Medicine today. I hestitate to call her a massage therapist. She's more like a torture queen. But she is really helping my plantar fasciitis more than anything else I've done by breaking up the connective tissue in my arch that isn't supposed to be there to allow the tendons to stretch properly. (SQ, you should try it!)

Tomorrow morning, I'm running with the Bean and hoping to get in a bike ride at some point. I haven't ridden in two weeks so it's gonna be ugly, but it must be done.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

glad to have you back - we've missed you!

i LOVE bodyshaping class at the Y! keep it up.

and pahlease, ou will be speedy mcspeedester out there. just think of it like you were tapering!