Thursday, July 19, 2007

It wasn't pretty...

... but I swam yesterday morning! For the first time in (dare I admit?) over five weeks. Yikes!

Yesterday the alarm was set for 7:00 as opposed to the dastardly 5:30 of the previous morning. I awoke a few minutes before it would have alarmed and turned it off so I wouldn't awaken Scouter. Then I promptly fell back to sleep until - uh oh - 7:23. "Do I still have time to go?" I wondered. I tried to talk myself into blowing it off, but the thought of 1500 unprepared meters at my first Olympic in - gulp - four weeks convinced me otherwise.

I only had time to swim 1000 meters and it was UG-LY! I felt very uncoordinated and breathless. Of course, I felt that way five weeks ago too. I also had little endurance, which I will definitely need to improve, and fast.

Today I ran in the morning (5 miles, 10:34/mile average with Beanie) and weight trained. I will probably be sore tomorrow as I generally overdo leg weights on my own. That's what rest days are for!

No comments: