Monday, March 9, 2009

Mommy of the Year

Tonight, as a special treat, Scouter suggested that I go for a run.

Now, it is a really sweet gesture but in all fairness you should know that it is only one he makes when I am being a royal bitch. I'm pretty sure he's been counting down the minutes until daylight savings for... um, let's go with the last three months... hoping that something will make me nice. I was going to say "nice again" but opted for just "nice" for obvious reasons.

So anyway, as I was leaving, the kids met me in the garage all excited to run with me. I reflected briefly on Annnnn's sweet run with her daughter, and then I said no. Absolutely not.

But admittedly I felt a little guilty and I was vacillating in my head. I could easily cave. Just then, Taz looked up at me with his sweet little face and batted his big beautiful eyes and said, "Mommy?"

I felt myself starting to crumble. "Yes, darling?"

"Your really need to run. You're getting faaaaaaatttttttt."

Okay then. Solo run it is.
.

3 comments:

Annn said...

I guess they can't all be hallmark memories. . . .

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I'm telling you, don't let them get past age 6. They turn on you. They don't adore you anymore and they can be just plain mean. It really is a racket. JenniferS

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Wow. Too funny!