Friday, April 3, 2009

Mommy of the Year

Scouter took the kids to the store tonight and bought them each a new Nintendo game. I'm not really sure what the occasion was; quite possibly he is just tired of being at home alone with them all the time and needed an activity.

Anyway, Rainbow selected a game that is about taking care of babies. When I first got home from school tonight, she was all excited and telling me how cute and fun they were.

A few minutes ago, she looked up at me and said, "This baby has got me down to my last nerve."

I cracked up. She looked at me with a serious expression. "Really, Mom," she said, raising her eyebrows. "She's on thin ice. Real thin ice."

Obviously I've been a stellar influence.
.

4 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Hey, I'd say it is pretty impressive when the raised eyebrow and a few words sends a message! :)

Unknown said...

Classic :)

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

I LOVE your kids! And am a pretty big fan of your parenting as well, how else did they get so fun?!

Unknown said...

Let me know when Rainbow uses the words "stellar" (as in "my less than stellar performance on the bike today") or "sadly" (as in "sadly I won't be able to make it to Mexico today") and then I'll really know the the extent of influence you've had on her. JenniferS