Saturday, March 7, 2009

Welcome to New York, it's SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!

So we're in the mountains... skied today (very slushy), hanging out with the family, kids driving me nuts - when I get a call from The Bean! Granted, I knew she was up here for a tennis clinic, but really I don't know any of those women and didn't expect her to call.

I ended up going over to the condo they had rented for a little bit, expecting to have some wine and hang out. Turns out, they had appetizers a very nice full sit down dinner.

During dinner, someone heard a cell phone ringing and even more miraculously managed to shush 12 women to point that out. In the ensuing silence, we all heard the faint strains of Tone Loc "Funky Cold Medena" playing from the next room.

Simultaneously, we all threw our hands in the air and started dancing in our seats.

Then we all started laughing at ourselves... for doing same.

Someone said, "Wow, that was really funny.... we should be a Saturday Night Live scene..."

As well we should.
.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Next time, get the camera out and take a video clip. If it doesn't make it to SNL - it'll totally win the hears of the billions of YouTubers.

Missed you biking this weekend!

Annn said...

I am very sad I never get to hang with you any more, but I am delighted that my call caused spontaneous dancing.