Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The dog ate my homework and other unacceptable excuses

So. Yesterday I spent hours on a one page paper. It is very bad. While I was purportedly working on said paper, I ate four cookies, two bites of brownie, some French fries and Rainbow’s leftover chicken tenders. I helped Taz with his math homework. He read to me, and then Rainbow read to me. We sorted their spelling words. I folded laundry. We watched Zoey 101. I hate Zoey 101. Then I updated my blog and read several others. I cried for awhile because Annnnn is threatening to deprive me of her wit for an entire month. I celebrated Debbie Jo’s phenomenal swim at Naylor’s with her sweet swim angel TG40. I went up and down the stairs 45 times to get water, rub heads, and finally to threaten sanctions if a certain two children did not go to sleep…NOW! I talked to a friend on the phone. I put laundry away. I sorted my sock drawer. Okay not really but I might as well have.

My paper meanwhile is in sad shape. There are some random thoughts, a disclaimer, and a few partial references stuck at the bottom. That’s it.

My excuse at least to myself is that it’s a stupid assignment.

It really is.

But still, I have to do it. And do it reasonably well.

I think I have some toilets to clean …
.

2 comments:

TriGirlDebbieJo said...

And some TRIgirls to lunch with...Great to see you today!

Unknown said...

You are such a great writer - I'm sure the paper is mucho better than you think it is (are you a perfectionist, by any chance? )

sq