Monday, September 15, 2008

Commiserating

So...

I'm on day two of Scouter being out of town on a business trip and I just read Dooce's hilarious account of being home alone with her preschooler. OMG that woman is funny. I feel so much better. At least I didn't decide to do an arts and crafts project!

We spent much of yesterday shopping for Halloween costumes, birthday presents, and a new backpack. Today thank God they had school. We haven't had a meal at home yet. I forced myself to have a salad tonight since all I've eaten for two days is red meat.

It is 10 p.m. Taz is still awake and Rainbow is asleep in my bed. I call this a victory compared to last night when they both slept in my bed and I got no sleep whatsoever. Every time I tried to sneak into one of their beds, someone woke up and wanted to know why I wasn't in the middle and where I was going.

I am happy that Scouter is coming home tomorrow but a little concerned about all the dish washing and vacuuming I have to do in preparation.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..! Well, I too spent much money on Halloween costumes shopping.