Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girl Time

I invited some girlfriends over for drinks last night, and as my best girlfriend, Rainbow was ready to help. When I got home from work last night, she was dressed for company in a cute little skirt and top and she couldn’t wait to help me get ready. She ran upstairs to pick out my outfit and presented me with a business skirt and a sweater that didn’t match. I told her that I was thinking about wearing shorts, so she quickly selected a different outfit for me and then ran to change her own. After we were both dressed, she said we looked “cute and casual.”

Next Rainbow began assembling appetizers. She served peanuts, chips, and vegetables. She even offered strawberries which are her absolute favorite – high praise. She kept asking when my friends were going to be there so she could entertain them. She was so excited when the doorbell rang!

We all had martinis – ours were the famous-in-my-own-mind Blackbirds while Rainbow had water in a plastic martini glass. She entertained us with her Miley Cirus CD – always a crowd pleaser – and a gymnastics exhibition before settling in for some girl talk.

After another Blackbird, I was repeating myself yet acting as though I was telling a story for the first time. And then after champagne (which is quite tasty over the Blackbird fruit), I’m pretty sure I was slurring my words and no one cared whether I was repeating myself or not. Or maybe that was just me.

In fact, I may or may not have committed to doing Ironman Florida 2009.

(Actually, I’m kidding. I know emphatically that I did no such thing.)

After the girls left, I told Scouter that I was really drunk. He chuckled and shook his head knowingly. Somehow this morning I awoke in my bed in my pjs even though I have no recollection of getting there.

I need to learn to pace myself.

Perhaps I need more practice. Happy hour anyone?

Cheers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dammit... that sounds like a great evening of trouble!

sq

margo said...

oh, i assure you, emphatically, that you DID agree to IMFL09. (teehee)

Anonymous said...

I'm there! However, if drinking Blackbird martinis makes you commit to IMFL '09, I'll have to bag out. How about the Big Nut instead? JenniferS