Friday, June 27, 2008

Blackbird

This is for Siren - my favorite martini recipe:

Berry mix:
1 cup strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup cranberries
1 oz brandy
1 oz Cointreau
1 cup superfine sugar

Drink mix:
2 oz lemon vodka
1 oz lemon juice
¾ oz Cointreau

Berry mix: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, stir once and leave overnight. Stir once more before serving.

Place a scoop of the berry mix into a frosted martini glass and press down. Pour the drink ingredients into a shaker filled with ice; shake sharply, then gently strain the mixture into the martini glass.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

I am drooling. Literally drooling.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the Blackbird. Thanks for posting this awesome drink! JenniferS

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I am SO making this as soon as I get my hands on some berries!

Thanks much sweetie! This concoction stands a strong chance of replacing Cosmos in my drink of choice : )