Friday, May 23, 2008

What's That? Eight in a Row?!?!?!

Yes yes I know, I haven't posted a Workout Week in Review (WWIR) in awhile. There's a good reason for that and it is that I suck.

But but but - what's this sportsfans???? Some activity?

YES!!!

So let me fill you in on my recent antics...

Last Thursday - whoa! We are going waaaay back!!!! - I ran 5 miles, 9:45 min/mi average pace. In an effort to be a double-tasking super Mommy, I ran to the baseball field to catch the end of my son's game.

Friday: Weight class. It was not a great class but still, I was there baby!

Saturday: Okay, are you sitting down? Good. I went on a BIKE RIDE!!!! Yes! Patty let me tag along with her for the first 15 miles of her two hour ride. It felt great (metaphorically. In the real world, it hurt my girl parts a little bit since I hadn't ridden for so long. Not that you needed to know that.)

Sunday: Another weekend shocker - I ran. Running on the weekend at all is good but this was six miles - long for me of late - 9:56 min/mi average. My speed is not there but I don't care.

Monday: Five days in a row! I missed my favorite weights class due to being unexpectedly pulled into a stupid meeting. But did I give up? No I did not! I persevered and went to the gym after work to do the elliptical and some free weights. I tend to kill my legs doing free weights on my own and this was no exception. My hammies were aching for several days afterwards.

Tuesday: What?!?!? We're up to six days here in case anyone else is keeping track... I ran five miles. This was another pull-it-out-of-my-ass exercise day. I planned to do my usual run from the bus stop in the morning but chickened out due to the cold steady downpour. That night, Scouter surprised me by suggesting that I get my run in. (Can you tell he's worming his way out of the dog house?) I had a speedy-for-me run at 9:20 min/mi average. I'm coming back!

Wednesday: Seven! Lucky seven! I met my girls Jennifer and Patty for a stellar 18 mile bike ride. We found a cool new route that I'm dying to try again, then we had a long leisurely lunch with more girlfriends. God can these chicas come up with some conversation topics. And nicknames. I heart them.

Thursday: Big EIGHT in a row!!!! I ran five with the Bean which was awesome - our schedules haven't meshed well lately. I think we were at or near 11:00 min/mi. Yes we were slow but I rationalize that all the extra oxygen burning from yapping incessantly more than makes up for the lack of speed.

Today, I'm right back to suckage with a school weekend. I've earned a break though, right?

3 comments:

Annn said...

Rock on!

Now you need to squeeze a bike ride with me in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent week. I haven't seen that kind of action in months! No wonder you killed those C'ville hills! JenniferS

Anonymous said...

who are you and what have you done with Diannnne?

no seriously - that's great! youdeserve an ice cream sundae with all the toppings - and wine for dessert!