Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fun Ride

I haven't done a bit of exercise since my last post about riding the C'ville Oly route with Jennifer. Yep, that's my trend - one good week followed by at least ten bad.

But tonight! Annnn invited me out for a bike ride. I was feeling fat and lazy, my kids and husband were otherwise occupied with a baseball game, so I was motivated and free to go. YES! Lo and behold there were other TriGirls in the parking lot. I ended up riding with Annnn, Patty, Jill, Debbie (a little), and Charlotte. Here's an early picture before everyone arrived. I had already put the camera away and was ready to ride by the time we had the full crew. (And they wouldn't let me take an after picture. I don't get that.)

We rode a cool route that Annn knew which included some beautiful back roads in Goochland with no main roads and very little traffic. Annnn, Patty and Jill veered off for a hill challenge while Charlotte and I opted for the easier, flatter route, then we met back up for a speedy finish.

Annnn even managed to grab my ass while we were riding ~ 16 mph. I'm pretty sure Patty had something to do with it. That's a patented Patty move!

Annn knows me well and rewarded my effort with baklava. It is well documented what a cool chica she is, but I have to add my praises. Annnn rocks.

It was so fun! I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: