Tuesday, May 27, 2008

C'ville Pre-Ride

Jennifer and I and our families spent the weekend together. To assuage our guilt about all the food and beverages we were consuming (okay, okay... that was just me. Jennifer knows how to behave) we drove to C'ville and rode the Olympic route. She is (was?) thinking about doing this event.

The route was gorgeous rolling farm land with horse pastures and woods. Key word: rolling. Not surprisingly in the foothills of the mountains, the route was hilly. Even when I thought I was on a flat, I found myself either struggling or coasting. There were a few steep hills but they weren't too long. It was a great route. And one I'd probably really enjoy if I were in half way decent shape.

Sadly, I'm not. I had no intention of doing this race before our pre-ride and certainly not after. Maybe next year.

After we finished, I felt more than justified in consuming cheese crustades (appetizer), black bird martini (my favorite), beef stroganoff and several glasses of red wine. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome ride, yes! When I'm in better shape I will probably love it! Next year... JenniferS

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Black Bird Martini? Sounds fascinating! Recipe please?