Friday, July 17, 2009

TriBabies

Being old but playing with the young kids has its perks.

For example, Lesley has the sweetest little baby boy. It's great to play with him and be silly but then give him back when he cries. Or poops.

And now TG Megan is preggers! I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for her with crazy Patty aka IronMan-Patty-Who-Hits-Annnn and/or IronMan-Patty-Whom-I-Love among other things.

I was a pretty sucky co-host but Patty perservered and we finally pulled our shit together. Or at least made it look like we did. I'm pretty sure...

Patty came over early to help with food and final preparations. As soon as she walked in the door, I helpfully took the bouquet of balloons she was carrying. Leaving her with several heavy and bulky items. And then I immediately let go of said balloons such that they floated up to the top of my two story foyer ceiling, where they were irretrievable and where they in fact remain today.

Co-host extraordinaire, baby!

If you'll excuse the pun.

Anyway, we drafted several others to help us out - thank you Jackie and Annnn! About 20 TriGirls, three of whom are currently expecting, joined us for the shower and it was a blast. Megan is beautiful and glowing and all the wonderful things she should be and seemed to have a really good time.

Scouter, Taz, and Rainbow got home as the party was starting to break up. Scouter and Taz headed straight for the stairs without passing go and fled all the estrogen. Rainbow on the other hand took over the stereo and started jamming Boom Boom Pow and entertaining the group.

I haven't hosted a baby shower for a couple years - actually the last one was for TG grand poobah Grandison - and it was a blast!

Can't wait to see Megan's baby!!!
.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Awwww - I wish I could have been there. You and Patty are awesome hosts - I heard it was a great celebration for Megan!