Sunday, May 17, 2009

I is a gradjut

Graduation was yesterday. Yippee!!!

For the record, I now have a Master of Science in Information Technology Management. Kind of an MBA for geeks.




There was a ceremony in the morning for all graduates which I didn't attend. The business school ceremony was yesterday afternoon. Most of my class walked. Scouter, the kids, and my parents came.


As we filed into the Siegel Center, I was looking everywhere for my peeps. Fortunately, in an update from undergrad, I could text Scouter to help locate them. Rainbow in particular was very engaged throughout the ceremony and kept blowing me kisses. Taz mainly looked bored.



When it was time for me to approach the stage to have my degree awarded, I looked in the stands, saw that my dad was missing, and freaked out. Poor guy suffered through my none-to-stellar undergraduate days; if anyone deserved to enjoy a stronger academic performance, it is him. Then I heard someone calling my name and spotted my dad and his camera at the rail. Sweet!


My mom told me Rainbow was yelling "YEAH MOMMY!!!" as I picked up my degree. She told people she was happy I was graduating because now she has her Mommy back.

Last night, I threw myself a graduation party. Because this past 15 months haven't been enough about me already. It was interesting because most people didn't know each other, but everyone seemed to mingle and have fun.





Now I need some sleep!
.

4 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

you are awesome, congrats!

katebott said...

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful graduation picture :0)

Unknown said...

Big congrats to you!!!!

TriGirl 40 said...

You are oh so amazing, smart and inspiring. Much, much congrats!