Saturday, August 30, 2008

Catching up since vacation

So did anybody notice that I had a run in late July where I was fairly prolific? It was all for SusieQ and Margo, you know. But it turns out that I’m just not interesting enough to blog every day. Who knew???

I have had a number of posts bouncing around in my head but no time to write them, so here’s a quick summery of Life of TriDi since vacation.

The week we got back, Scouter announced that he was starting to go to work early. Why this schedule change couldn’t wait until school started for the kids is beyond me. Since the few pathetic workouts I’ve done this summer have been in the morning – which is the only time I have – I was screwed.

Has he been talking to Thomas???

He made concessions to let me run Tuesday morning and bike Wednesday morning, thank goodness. And the weather cooperated by being a little cooler so I could run one night. And I got my butt into the attic to do a weight workout. So it wasn’t a total bust.

Wednesday’s ride was a blast. We had a pretty large group consisting of some of my all time favorite bike partners: Richard, Deanna, Jackie, and Patty. We rode 16 miles at a 17.6 pace which is quite good for me. I’m sure I had more to say on this topic but it all escapes me now.

The weekend was its usual craziness. I had school on Friday and Saturday with a ton of work to do to prepare – mostly brought on by the fact that I did nothing in the Hamptons and had to do all my work in two days.

Saturday afternoon, we went to a cookout at Jennifer’s house. Two of her sisters were there too and it was fabulous to catch up with all of them. I threatened to reveal more about the evening on my blog, but again – too much time has passed. Sunday, we went to Northern Virginia to take Scouter’s parents to the Lion King at the Kennedy Center. What a great show!

This week, my workouts have been similarly restricted. I did weights Monday and Thursday, and on Tuesday I ran after work while Taz biked beside me. That’s always fun. Wednesday, Richard, Deanna and I planned a ride but darkness and rain convinced us to skip it. We really need the rain so I’m trying hard not to complain. Friday I did the big nothing. This morning (Saturday) I had good intentions to run but didn’t. This afternoon, I mentioned to Scouter that he needed to kick my butt out the door to run tomorrow and he suggested the alternative to run tonight. My immediate reaction was NO WAY! I’m too tired. But then I decided it was a good idea and ran my four mile mountain route. It was hard but fortunately I forgot my Garmin so I don’t have to face pathetic stats.

Now, I’m looking forward to a relaxing holiday weekend! More to come…

Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Really going to miss the Wednesday rides. Do you have school next week? Can you skip class and do Coatesville with us?

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for your email response to my cookout question... is that what you were hinting at on this post? JenniferS