Sunday, November 8, 2009

Meaningful Events

One final post from me tonight - I've either been saving up or I'm unusually chatty!

As I posted recently, I'm planning to come out of retirement and race again in 2010. Two events in particular are very meaningful to me, and I'd love to have you - my two blog readers - do them with me. Seriously, please think about them.

The first is the Virginia is for Lovers 14k in Virginia Beach on Feb. 13. I've already assembled an all-star cast including Annn, TG40, my awesome brother-in-law Mark (who recently won his age group in a sprint tri in NoVa), Patty, Susan, and maybe even the Bean depending upon her recovery from a calf injury. It will be a blast and it is for great causes, one of which - Team Kainer - is close to the heart for my family, especially Mark.

The second is the MS150 two-day cycling event in central Virginia. It's on May 22 & 23 this year, and there are shorter and longer options for those so inclined. I've talked casually to a few people about doing this ride and am hoping to rally a good team. I'll warn you in advance - this will be a fundraiser (but I promise no pressure). My mother-in-law has MS and I am riding in her honor.

Please think about these events and let me know if you're interested. I think they will be a blast if we do them together.

Peace out.
.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I guess I must be one of your two readers :)

Thinking about the MS150....

Unknown said...

I'm intrigued by the MS150...

Ceeej said...

You have more than 2 readers....I might be slow enough for you to train with on the bike (or you can toast me, which I am used to, so if it'll help your self-confidence...)

TriGirl 40 said...

If I am in town, I am in for the MS 150. One of our conferences is right around that week, so I'll need to see how things play out.