Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oink Oink

The joy of camping last weekend has really managed to linger.

Why only yesterday, I received three emails from fellow campers informing me that they, their children, and/or other campers have the swine flu, strep throat, or both.

Lovely.

And sure enough, when Rainbow got home, her eyes were glazed and she was coughing. She had a fever of 102.5. By this morning, her fever spiked to 104. She was so pitiful. As I was stroking her head, she croaked, "Daddy said he was going to curse me to hell."

"Excuse me?"

"Daddy said he was going to curse me to hell," she rasped again.

I pondered for a moment and finally realized she was saying, "Daddy said he was going to nurse me to health."

And all day they've been oinking at each other.

She is feeling slightly better tonight, thank goodness.

Will this be enough to avoid a future camping trip, I wonder?
.

No comments: