Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mommy of the Year

So it took me three tries to get into my blog today. Pathetic, I know. In case anyone is still reading this, my plan is to keep it if I train for Mighty Man. If on the other hand I continue to be a fat slacker, then I will bag it. I'm guessing TG40 will have something to say about that!

Anyway.... back to our regularly scheduled Mommy of the Year program...

The other day, Taz told me he thought he needed a little extra help with school work. I was puzzled because his grades are good. After a few questions and some not-so-forthcoming answers, I found out that he wanted to start going to the special ed teacher at his elementary school. He would not say much more about it.

Curious, I called his teacher. Initially, she was quite concerned. But then I explained that I suspected something else was going on - and asked what the special ed teacher looks like.

She's 25, blond, and gorgeous.

Hmmm....

Together his teacher and I concocted a little plan to find out whether he really needed extra help or not (strongly suspecting not!).

That night, I told Taz that his teacher and I were both very supportive of his request for extra help with his school work, and as a result we had arranged for him to see one of the teachers at school on a regular basis. This particular teacher is in her 60s, with gray hair and chubby.

Interestingly, he decided he was doing okay on his own after all.
.

No comments: