Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dear John... uh, I mean Blogger...

Dear Blogger,

I fear it may be time for us to part. I’ve found a new distraction that wastes my time and fills my brain with trivial and useless information. Its name is FaceBook.

FaceBook is fun and new and flashy. It connects me with old friends and new friends, family and co-workers. It lets me put short cryptic messages everywhere and allows me to post pictures of my children in what I think is a more secure way. And Blogger, I can chat on FaceBook. Ah, the possibilities!

But Blogger, I must admit that I miss you. You allow me to ramble on about useless nonsense and you suffer silently through my complete self-absorption. With you, my content is my own instead of belonging to some remote company in perpetuity. You connect me to other triathletes who share my interests and verbosity.

You even allow me to use the word triathlete in reference to myself when we both know there’s no basis in reality any more.

Could there be room for both of you in my life? I’d like to try if you would. Please, Blogger, give me another chance.

Love,
Tri-Di
.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

I've been bad about the blogging, too, but promise you'll stay. I would miss your training stories and Mommy of the Year posts so much!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes. Stay. I promise to check more often even when I think you've been slacking! JenniferS