Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kid Humor

The other day, Rainbow accompanied me to the grocery store. After the little young bagboy tucked our groceries in the trunk of the car and we were preparing to leave, she turned to me and said, “He was cute.” She paused for a beat and then speculated, “I wonder if he’s available?”

Let me just remind you that she’s only seven.

I smothered a laugh and replied, “Honey! I’m going to have to stop letting you watch iCarly and Zoey 101 if that’s what you’re learning.”

She thought for a minute and then asked for clarification. “So… you’re saying that whatever I’m learning this from has to go away?”

“Yes,” I replied emphatically, still chuckling to myself.

“Well, Mommy, it wasn’t Zoey or iCarly,” she stated confidently. “It was Taz!!!!”

Her brother.

At seven, she’s already way smarter than I’ll ever be.
.

1 comment:

katebott said...

Your blog stories always bring a smile to my day :0)